Initial IS-BAH Auditor Accreditation
The IBAC qualification and experience standards that must be demonstrated by applicants for initial accreditation as IS-BAH auditors are as follows:
- Working knowledge of the FBO/BAHA community and the provisions of civil air regulations and International Civil Aviation Organization standards and recommended practices;
- Working knowledge of Business Aviation handling management;
- A minimum of five years’ working experience in aircraft ground handling including, FBO/BAHA activities;
- Submit a course completion certificate for an ISO, ASQ, or equivalent audit course or provide proof of substantial experience in aviation safety auditing;
- For initial accreditation have completed a Fundamentals of IS-BAH Workshop and IS-BAH Auditing Workshop within the previous 24 months:
- Provide evidence of experience in aviation safety management; and
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
Auditor Initial Accreditation Process
The following describes the IS-BAH auditor accreditation requirements and process:
- Auditor applicants must complete and submit the Accredited Auditor Application form (see link below)
- Upon receipt, the application will be reviewed by the Audit Manager.
- If the applicant clearly demonstrates that they meet the prerequisites, the Audit Manager may accept the application and inform the applicant.
- If the Audit Manager is not fully satisfied that the applicant meets the prerequisites, he/she will send the application to the Audit Review Group which will render a determination on the application.
- The Audit Manager will then advise the applicant of the final decision and request that the applicant register for both the Fundamentals of IS-BAH and the IS-BAH Auditing workshops.
The Initial Auditor Accreditation Fee is $2500 (USD) and includes:
- Registration in both the Fundamentals of IS-BAH & IS-BAH Auditing workshops,
- IS-BAH and Audit Procedures Manuals,
- IS-BAH auditor accreditation,
- Listing on IBAC web site, and
- Auditor credentials