See the new policy regarding Auditor Accreditation and Currency
|The 2015 IS-BAO manuals are now posted on the IBAC website. To download, you must be an IBAC registered holder of the IS-BAO with a login assigned by IBAC. The following are some of the key changes related to the 2015 update:
- Chapter 3 (SMS) was reformatted to align more closely with ICAO Annex 19.
- Chapter 3 (SMS) notes were added to support “Appropriateness and Effectiveness” indicators.
- A recommended practice was added regarding qualifications of operators used for additional air transport/supplemental lift.
- Emergency procedures training standard was modified to be performance-based.
- “Estimated Time of Use” verbiage inserted into flight planning requirements.
- Slight modifications to Fuel Planning, while extensive fuel planning guidance was added to the Implementation Guide.
- Slight modification to the banned approach standard (6.4.5). The requirement to file a safety report was deleted. The requirement to document a deviation procedure was deleted.
- Extensive guidance related to HUD, EVS, and CVS was added to the Implementation Guide.
- Clarification added to 6.13 on the need to establish duty limits for maintenance personnel.
- Modified the standard related to the use of headsets (6.17).
- Addition of a standard to establish stabilized approach criteria (6.22).
- Significant reduction of prescriptive standards related to aircraft equipment requirements.
- Guidance in the Implementation Guide for Proactive and Predictive data gathering.
- Information related to compliance monitoring systems added to the Implementation Guide.
Download IS-BAO 2015 in Revisions Mode to see ALL the changes.
Audit Procedures Manual and Audit Report Forms Highlights
- All auditors must report an upcoming audit to IBAC via Planned Audit Notification
- All audits, even with major non-conformities, will be submitted to IBAC as soon as practical after the closing meeting.
- Increased emphasis on Stage 2 and Stage 3 audits containing substantive auditor comments to validate SMS performance. These comments should provide examples of qualitative and/or quantitative methods to verify effectiveness.
- The “ACTION REQUIRED” option was removed. If there is a non-conformity, it shall be documented as a finding, either minor or major.
- Increased emphasis on the fact that Remedial Action Plans do not have to be implemented before the audit is submitted to IBAC.
- The protocols are hyperlinked to the Audit Procedures Manual versus being included inside the document. This will help facilitate IBAC’s to transition to our web-based audit forms this year.
- The SMS Audit protocols were re-organized to more closely match ICAO Annex 19 formatting.
- The Chapter 8 (Aircraft Equipment Requirements) protocols were significantly reduced and moved to the implementation guide for reference.
- The In-Flight Inspection protocols were deleted.
Download IS-BAO 2015 Audit Procedures Manual in Revisions Mode to see ALL changes.